BASF ELASTOSPRAY LWP® spray foam insulation
Closed cell insulation for internal roofs and walls of agricultural and industrial buildings, providing a structural, durable and sealed insulation solution which has a positive effect on the life and value of the building fabric.
Features and benefits
- Prevents condensation
- Low thermal conductivity
- Adds structural strength prolonging the life of the building
- Seamless airtight insulation system with no joints or gaps
- Class 1 fire rating
- Fast and easily applied with no waste, minimum fuss and maximum effect
- No VOCs, CFCs, formaldehyde and has no harmful side effects
- BASF Polyurethanes is certified to BS EN ISO 9001, ISO/TS 16949: 2002 and BS EN ISO 14001.
ELASTOSPRAY® LWP roof insulation
Pitched roof insulation
Since the rafters of existing homes are normally only 10 to 20 cm thick, the thickness of insulation with conventional material between the rafters is often not enough to meet today’s thermal insulation requirements. Elastospray LWP extremely low thermal conductivity and high insulating performance with a low thickness, means there is no need to extend the depth of rafters which is costly in terms of both time and money. Using the proven spray foam process, Elastospray LWP is simply sprayed between the timber rafters without the need for laborious cutting and fitting. This produces a solid, air tight foam layer, with a high thermal insulation effect without energy wasting joints that occur when normal insulation materials are laid.
- prevents air leakage
- seamless insulation reducing thermal bridges
- no laborious cutting and fitting of the insulating material
- rapid installation
External roof insulation
Because of its in-situ installation properties, Elastospray LWP spray foam can be applied to the metal sheet profile seamlessly, coating both the peaks and troughs in the profile. The insulating layer then only needs to be provided with UV protection. Vapour barriers, sloping screeds or other additional materials are not normally needed, saving valuable time and money.
- low weight of the insulating foam
- adapts to any profile without gaps
- large areas can be treated in just one day
- high compressive strength, dimensionally stable
A potential insulation for agricultural purposes should be durable, resistant and of course cost-effective.
Elastopspray LWP spray foam caters for all possible external geometries and insulates the roof both from inside and from outside. The cured material provides effective protection from draughts and strengthens the building through the compact, jointless insulating layer.
Elastospray LWP spray foam has a positive effect on the life and value of the fabric of the building.
- prevents condensation
- adapts to any shape without joints
- reinforces the building construction
- inert material
- rapid, economic application saves energy costs
ELASTOSPRAY® LWP wall insulation
Internal wall insulation
Elastospray LP spar foam insulating material is easy to apply to the inside of the external wall using the spray foam process installed by accredited BASF contractors. After a short curing time, the insulating layer is cladded on the room side using plasterboard. Comparatively little living space is lost due to the excellent insulating performance of even a thin layer of Elastopray LWP
- ﬂexible internal wall design
- rooms heat up rapidly
- vapour barrier may not be absolutely necessary
- comparatively little loss of space
Timber frame insulation
Elastospray LWP is applied between the studwork of the timber frame for thermal insulation. The low thermal conductivity of the material has clear advantages here because despite low wall thicknesses, a comparatively high insulating performance is achieved. The cured spray foam guarantees additional support and stability for the whole of the timber frame construction. The “in-situ” application of the foam also guarantees air tightness of the structure, something traditional insulation methods cannot do. There must be an air gap between the external facing and the insulated timber frame for ventilation.
- space-saving wall construction
- rapid assembly and insulation
- individual facade design
- guaranteed air barrier
ELASTOSPRAY® LWP soffit insulation
The BASF spray foam system can be applied to most soffits, without costly access equipment. The material is self-adhesive and requires no labour-intensive cutting and fixing. Water pipes and electrical cables can easily be hung beneath the insulation. Any uneven areas such as old vaulted basements, ribbed or waffled shaped soffits, can be rapidly and economically insulated using Elastospray LWP spray foam. The insulation is seamless compared to conventional insulating methods, so there is no risk of cold air penetrating through the ceiling and creating heat loss.
- inhibits mould formation
- suitable for uneven areas and vaulted ceilings
- no drilling and fixing
- seamless insulation under pipes or installations